This morning we finished profiling the 15 STEM candidates running for Congress and Governor in Illinois. Here’s the set going into the primary on March 20th. We’ll update the Illinois section of the candidates page after that time.
- US House
- Dan Lipinski (IL-3), mechanical engineer
- Sean Casten (IL-6), biomechanical engineer
- Kelly Mazeski (IL-6), biologist and chemist
- Jeff Leef (IL-7), radiologist and physician
- Brad Schneider (IL-10), industrial engineer
- Doug Bennett (IL-10), applied mathematician
- Sapan Shah (IL-10), physician
- Bill Foster (IL-11), physicist
- Nick Stella (IL-11), cardiologist
- David Gill (IL-13), physician
- Matt Brolley (IL-14), civil engineer
- Lauren Underwood (IL-14), nurse
- George Weber (IL-14), chemical engineer
We started with Illinois and Texas because they have the earliest primaries in March of next year. Now that we have those candidates vetted and profiled we’ll be working to vet the STEM candidates for the remaining states.