After going through 36 districts and literally hundreds of candidates, we’ve found and vetted all 10 STEM candidates running for US Congress in 2018 in Texas. Along the way we added 2 climate-change deniers to our Science Fact Deniers page.
Here’s the list as of today, but you should always check the Texas section of the candidates page for the live list as it changes over time.
- Ali Abbas Khorasani (TX-2), chemist
- Jason Westin (TX-7), microbiologist and oncologist
- Rick Kennedy (TX-17), computer scientist
- Joseph Kopser (TX-21), aerospace engineer
- Samuel Temple (TX-21), statistician
- Eric Zmrhal (TX-22), mechanical engineer
- Christine Eady Mann (TX-31), microbiologist and physician
- Mike Clark (TX-31), geospatial analyst
- Ron Marshall (TX-32), aerospace engineer
- Jon Powell (TX-36), geologist and chemist
We started with Texas because it and Illinois have the earliest primaries, in just 75 days from now. We’re working on Illinois next.
Updated 2018-01-05 to include Christine Eady Mann.